[petsc-users] Advice Being Sought

Mark F. Adams mark.adams at columbia.edu
Fri May 3 20:01:09 CDT 2013

Also, another thing to try that should work even with older PETSc versions is:

-mg_levels_ksp_chebyshev_estimate_eigenvalues 0,0.05,0,1.5

The last argument (1.5) is the largest eigenvalue safety factor (1.05 is the default).  I would bet that increasing this will keep the code stable for longer.  But the most robust thing to do is redo the PC every solve as I mentioned before.

Mark