[petsc-users] Fwd: Any changes in ML usage between 3.1-p8 -> 3.3-p6?

Mark F. Adams mark.adams at columbia.edu
Tue Apr 23 14:44:30 CDT 2013

The only thing that I can think of is a change in icc or ml.c (the interface code).  I have looked over the logs for clues and do not see any more red flags.  So I would look at the logs:

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/history-node/cee652cbe889/src/ksp/pc/impls/ml/ml.c?page=2

and the similar one for icc (the history button when you have a file open).  See if you can see anything that could change the semantics.

Some of these changes are required to work with the rest of PETSc so doing a bisection search might be hard.  git does have a bisection utility (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_pQfoaRuhA) that can help in doing this.  You could probably revert to the old version of these two files,  add any of the changes back in that are required for syntax (e.g., PetscTruth --> PetscBool) and get the code to compile and see if you get your old semantics back.  If so then add changes back (bisect might help to speed this up) and search for the change that broke you.