[petsc-users] updated version / slower execution

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jul 29 23:56:28 CDT 2012

  You need to run both with -log_summary to see if some part of the code is going slower.

  But, my guess is because of the way we changed the default convergence criteria for linear solves. Run both versions with -ksp_monitor and see if they are converging the same but the new one is taking many more iterations.

   Barry