[petsc-users] sieve-dev Data shared between points in a Sieve DAG

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 25 13:29:09 CDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Chris Eldred <chris.eldred at gmail.com>wrote:

> Lets consider the mesh from "Flexible Representation of Computational
> Meshes" on the LHS of figure 2. (0,1) (0,2) (0,3) and (0,4) are vertices;
> (0,5), (0,6), (0,7), (0,8) and (0,9) are edges; (0,10) and (0,11) are
> cells. My field would be defined as (for example):
>
> field ( (0,5) ; (0,10) ) = 1.0
> field ( (0,6) ; (0,10) ) = 2.0
> field ( (0,7) ; (0,11) ) = 1.3
> etc.
>
> Does that make sense?

Is this like a DG mesh? Where the value on a face is two-valued (different
values from each side)?

In that case, it is "cell data".

Matt, this would be another case where the action of the symmetry group on
the data may not simply inherit the action on the cone (i.e. what we talked
about yesterday).