[petsc-users] how to rebuild from updated repo

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 7 15:56:42 CST 2011

  If you find that ./configure or the make are taking a huge amount of time you might investigate where the files are stored. If, for example, they are stored on a separate file server it may be most of the time is due to the file server. For example configuring and compiling each take me about 5 minutes on my laptop; on a desktop using a file server might take 1/2 an hour.

   Barry