[petsc-users] Naturally ordered to DA vector copy

khalid ashraf khalid_eee at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 23:34:32 CDT 2011

Hello,
In my application, I need to do both Finite element(FEM) and Finite
Difference(FD) computations.
I am doing the FD using the DA and FEM using natural numbering(x changes
fastest, then y then z).
My question is what would be the fastest way to copy the FEM vectors to the FD
vectors. Looks like
DAGetAO may provide a mapping between DA vector layout and natural layout. Since
I am not very familiar with programming using AO, just wanted to ask if there is
a more efficient/easier way to copy from the naturally ordered vector to the DA
vector before delving into AO. If I have to use AO, could you please redirect me
to some related example.

Thanks in advance.

Khalid