[petsc-users] scattering and communications

Marco Cisternino marco.cisternino at polito.it
Fri Jul 8 10:48:15 CDT 2011

Thanks for the reply, Matt.
I tried what you suggested, but I saw no inconsistency in the portion
given to GP or extended_P.
Moreover, I tried to see what happens giving no interface, i.e. a simple
Laplace equation.
In this case GP and extended_P have exactly the same structure and
partitioning. And nothing changes.
All the communications happens in VecScatterCreate, the actual scatter
(begin and end) uses almost no time and no communications, but
VecScatterCreate does.
Could you explain me why?
The two IS I use to create the scatter context are from sequential c
vectors as large as the entire computational domain. Could be this the
problem?
If I used smaller and local vectors to create the ISs and then the
scatter context, would VecScatterCreate be more performing??
Thanks a lot.

     Marco

--
Marco Cisternino