[petsc-users] Search order for BLAS

F R Foust frfoust at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 18:56:55 CST 2011

I was trying to build petsc using MKL blas/lapack and had a small issue.  I tried to point configure at the mkl directory with --with-blas-lapack-dir, but it found an installation of ATLAS already in /usr/local/lib and used that instead.  I poked around and found a fixed search order in BuildSystem/config/packages/BlasLapack.py (it tries ATLAS, AMD ACML, then MKL).

Is there any way to force a specific flavor of BLAS in a flag passed to configure (I mean, so I don't have to modify BlasLapack.py, which is what I did).  Or alternatively, is there a way to force the issue by using --with-blas-lapack-lib, --with-blas-lib?  I wasn't able to figure out the correct incantation to include all of the stuff MKL needs to link against.

Thanks much!