[petsc-users] Solver Parameter Optimization

Aron Ahmadia aron.ahmadia at kaust.edu.sa
Mon Feb 14 04:35:50 CST 2011

I've seen a few threads in this direction:

See Sanjukta Bhowmick's work on combining machine learning with PETSc to
start:
http://cs.unomaha.edu/~bhowmick/Blog/Entries/2010/9/12_Solvers_for_Large_Sparse_Linear_Systems.html

HYPRE has something along the lines of this as well, but I have not seen any
promising results.

Don't forget that even slightly different problems can have wildly different
convergence properties, you want a solver that is both fast and robust to
changes in your input parameters.