[petsc-users] Errors while install pets-dev

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 25 22:32:19 CST 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, (Rebecca) Xuefei YUAN wrote:

> Dear Satish,
>
> I tried to find ~/.hgrc file but there is none. Instead, I found a global hgrc
> file located at
> /etc/mercurial/hgrc
> and its content is one sentence of comments:
> # system-wide mercurial configuration file
> # See hgrc(5) for more information
>
> Shall I create a new .hgrc file as indicated in url:
>
> http://www.selenic.com/pipermail/mercurial/2006-June/008690.html

Yes - ~/.hgrc is created by the user. You can just have the 2 lines
needed for proxy.

>  I tried to find my proxy host name and port, and in Firefox, it is
> said "Use system proxy settings" under "Connection Settings" tab
> under "Preferences" in Firefox, if this is the case, what is my real
> proxh host name and port?

For sure firefox must be using http_proxy [otherwise it would be set
to 'no proxy'. But I'm not sure how you can find the settings. What
do you have for

env |grep -i proxy
env |grep -i http

Also what OS is this? If you are using gnome - there can be proxy
settings there. On my Fedora 12 box with Gnome - the settings can be
at:

'System -> Preferences -> Network Proxy'

Satish