Solver problem

Tim Kroeger tim.kroeger at cevis.uni-bremen.de
Wed Jul 29 03:33:30 CDT 2009

Dear Barry,

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Barry Smith wrote:

>> undefined symbol: _gfortran_allocate_array
>
> This is likely a symbol in the gfortran compiler libraries.
>
> Are you linking your application code against all the libraries it needs to
> be linked against?

Thank you for your help.  It seems I have found the reason now.  It
has to do with the cluster I am working on: The operating system on
the master (where I compile my application) does not coincide with the
system on the nodes (where the application is run).  That is, e.g.
/usr/lib/libgfortran.so differs between these installations.  I will
ask the cluster's admin for assistance.

Best Regards,

Tim

--
Dr. Tim Kroeger
tim.kroeger at mevis.fraunhofer.de            Phone +49-421-218-7710

Fraunhofer MEVIS, Institute for Medical Image Computing
Universitaetsallee 29, 28359 Bremen, Germany