Solver problem

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 28 10:35:56 CDT 2009

> undefined symbol: _gfortran_allocate_array

    This is likely a symbol in the gfortran compiler libraries.

   Are you linking your application code against all the libraries it
needs to be linked against? In the PETSc directory run make
getlinklibs make sure all the libraries are listed in your makefile or
use a PETSc makefile as a template.

    Or this is coming from the fact that you are using shared or
dynamic libraries. If you don't need shared libraries then run PETSc's
config/configure.py with --with-shared=0

    Barry