Solver problem

Tim Kroeger tim.kroeger at cevis.uni-bremen.de
Wed Jul 29 08:49:50 CDT 2009

Dear all,

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Tim Kroeger wrote:

> Would you recommend to try MUMPS as well?  (I.e., will MUMPS have a change to
> be faster than ILU?)

It seems as if I can't use MUMPS since the cluster I am working on
doesn't meet some system requirements.  (PETSc otherwise works fine on
the cluster.)  However, I understand that PETSc also interfaces a
large number of other sparse direct solvers.  Are there any
recommendations about which one might be a good choice if MUMPS cannot
be used?

Best Regards,

Tim

--
Dr. Tim Kroeger
tim.kroeger at mevis.fraunhofer.de            Phone +49-421-218-7710

Fraunhofer MEVIS, Institute for Medical Image Computing
Universitaetsallee 29, 28359 Bremen, Germany