ifort -i8 -r8 options

Andreas Grassl Andreas.Grassl at student.uibk.ac.at
Tue Jul 14 11:18:07 CDT 2009

Barry Smith schrieb:

>   Mumps and hypre do not currently support using 32 bit integer indices,
                                                   ^^^^^^
                                                here you mean 64?!

> though the MUMPS folks say they plan to support it eventually.
>
>   Changing PETSc to convert all 64 bit integers to 32 bit before passing
> to MUMPS and hypre is a huge project and we will not be doing that.
> You need to lobby the MUMPS and hypre to properly support 64 bit
> integers if you want to use them in that mode.
>
>   Unless you are solving very large problems it seems you should be able
> to use the -r8 flag but not the -i8 flag.

For my needs, this is certainly true, but I don't have the whole sourcecode and
 I am not able to get a working Diana-program if I omit the -i8 flag.

so you suggest casting the input data from Diana to PetscInt which is defined
32-bit?!

Cheers,

ando

--
 /"\                               Grassl Andreas
 \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign      Uni Innsbruck Institut f. Mathematik