ifort -i8 -r8 options

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 14 10:51:23 CDT 2009

   Mumps and hypre do not currently support using 32 bit integer
indices, though the MUMPS folks say they plan to support it eventually.

   Changing PETSc to convert all 64 bit integers to 32 bit before
passing to MUMPS and hypre is a huge project and we will not be doing
that.
You need to lobby the MUMPS and hypre to properly support 64 bit
integers if you want to use them in that mode.

   Unless you are solving very large problems it seems you should be
able to use the -r8 flag but not the -i8 flag.

    Barry