ifort -i8 -r8 options

Andreas Grassl Andreas.Grassl at student.uibk.ac.at
Tue Jul 14 10:42:33 CDT 2009

Hello,

trying external packages (especially MUMPS and HYPRE) I noticed, that PETSc has
to be compiled with-32-bit-indices and this is giving me some problems because
all Diana-routines from which I'm reading out my data are compiled with ifort
-i8 -r8 flags and I run into trouble matching together 64-bit integers from
Diana to 32-bit PetscInt's.

Recompiling Diana without the ugly flags is no alternative.

Wrapping some casting routines around the arrays seems doable but doesn't seem
to me the cleanest solution.

Does anybody have an advice how to handle the problem?

Cheers,

ando

--
 /"\                               Grassl Andreas
 \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign      Uni Innsbruck Institut f. Mathematik