installation problems in mac machine

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Mon Dec 21 15:20:05 CST 2009

With sudo you gain administrative rights (still depends on the actual
sudoers config) - in principle you can harm your system by mistake (sudo
 rm -fr /usr/lib/* ...). That is why it is normally not allowed on large
multiuser systems. It should be possible to use any non-system software
without it.

Dominik