Which way to decompose domain/grid

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Mon Dec 14 08:09:57 CST 2009

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:00:59 +0800, Wee-Beng Tay <zonexo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jed,
>
> I've a better understanding now. I think I can use it for my poisson eqn
> solving which has pressure at the cell center. However, my U and V are
> staggered. May I right to say that I can still use DA to help the domain
> spilting process even for this scenario? However, can i solve my momentum
> eqn with DA still since there's staggering?

You can still use a DA, the details depend on how the staggering is done
(i.e. B or C grid).  You also have a choice between using separate DAs
for momentum and pressure, or one DA (with more dofs per node/cell).  In
the latter case, you end up with a fringe of "unused" values (which
should not cause any performance hit).

Jed