Petsc configure error

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 3 13:08:36 CST 2009

    It looks like the TAU folks implicitly assumed that MPI was built
with Fortran support. So my guess is you have to build MPI with
Fortran support in order for this TAU to build and link properly.
PETSc does not need to be built with Fortran support if you don't want
it. Note that this means that this isn't really a PETSc issue at all.

    Barry