Establishing Fast Eth Beowulf Cluster for Using PETSc on that

amjad ali amjad11 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 07:10:55 CST 2007

Hello everybody at PETSc-maint and PETSc-users,

Being new in cluster world what I have learnt to establish a simple PC
cluster is to do
1)setup network (making master node as NFS server, compute nodes as NFS clients)
2)setup login system (RSH/SSH)
3)setup parallel environment (MPI).

Now I want to setup a new Beowulf Cluster of few PCs to run PETSc
program on that. please tell me steps of how to build it. I do not
want to install MPICH2 separately on the cluster (just want to
install/use as a part of PETSc).

I have successfully tested PETSc parallel programs on my PC
(definately with your kind guidence).

Regards,
Amjad Ali.