Parallel ISCreateGeneral()

Tim Stitt timothy.stitt at ichec.ie
Sun Nov 18 11:52:32 CST 2007

Matt,

It is in setup for MatLUFactorSymbolic() and MatLUFactorNumeric() calls
which require index sets. I have distributed my rows across the
processes and now just a bit confused about the arguments to the
ISCreateGeneral() routine to set up the IS sets used by the Factor
routines in parallel.

So my basic question is what in general is the length and integers that
get passed to ISCreateGeneral() when doing this type of calculation in
parallel? Are they local index values (0..#rows on process-1) or do they
refer to the distributed indices of the global matrix?

Tim.