disk space requirement for mpich2 during PETSc library compilation

Ben Tay zonexo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 07:18:55 CST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to compile PETSc with mpi using --download-mpich=1 in linux. The
command is

./config/configure.py --with-fc=/lsftmp/g0306332/inter/fc/bin/ifort
--with-blas-lapack-dir=/lsftmp/g0306332/inter/mkl/ --download-mpich=1
--with-x=0 --with-shared

It displays:

Running configure on MPICH; this may take several
minutes
Running make on MPICH; this may take several
minutes

then it says disk quota exceeded. I've about 450mb free space, which is all
filled up when the error shows. May I know how much disk space is required?

Also can I compile just mpich on a scratch directory and then moved it to
the PETSc externalpackages directory? Or do I have to compile everything
(including PETSc) on a scratch directory and moved it my my directory?

thank you.