[petsc-dev] Understanding Vecscatter with Kokkos Vecs

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Sat Feb 20 10:46:06 CST 2021

  Using the git history one can presumably get the version a function was introduced (appeared in the source). Changes are a bit trickier but I guess one could take the current function, march back in time in git until there is a diff appear. Of course many diffs are trivial. In theory one can list each set of changes for each function.

 Except when people mess up the history cutting and pasting and changing the cut code instead of the paste code. (Is there a way we can detect this and reject such MR?).

Barry