[petsc-dev] Understanding Vecscatter with Kokkos Vecs

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Fri Feb 19 13:44:39 CST 2021

Patrick Sanan <patrick.sanan at gmail.com> writes:

> Aside: it's been on the list of good things to do, docs-wise, to be able to label parts of the API as more or less stable, so I'm hoping we'll get to that (though I think it makes sense to wait until we've finished some of the current migrations tasks).

Yes, I would love to have version introduced, version changed, and stability level as structured information for each function. Ideally, with tooling to alert when changing "stable" interfaces and to make clear to users when they are using interfaces that are not stable.

Rust is a strict demonstration of this, with features limited to "nightly" (inaccessible with any flags when building with stable Rust) until they stabilize (if ever).