[petsc-dev] Comparing binary output files in test harness

Blaise A Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Thu Feb 18 22:59:01 CST 2021

Hi,

I would like to write better tests for my exodus I/O functions and compare the binary files written to the drive instead of the output of the examples.
For instance, would it be possible to do the following:
	ex26 -i <input mesh> -o output1.exo; mpirun -np 2 ex26 -i <input mesh> -o output2.exo; exodiff output1.exo output2.exo
And check the result of exodiff, or run exodiff between output1.exo or output2.exo and a stored binary result?

Regards,
Blaise

--
A.K. & Shirley Barton Professor of  Mathematics
Adjunct Professor of Mechanical Engineering