[petsc-dev] Get a list of package download URL

Blaise A Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Wed Nov 18 17:39:10 CST 2020

Hi,

I am working with a company whose cluster is an a private network without connectivity to the outside world. Our process to install petsc is to manually extract the packages URL from config/BuildSystem/packages/ and download the appropriate files.
Another approach is to run configure and let it fail when it cannot download a package, note the download URL, and manually download it from a separate machine.

Is there a quicker way to get the URL of all packages that will be downloaded without running through the whole configure process?

Assuming that I know the list of package that I will want, is there a programmatic way to figure out what os the download URL for say Metis or sowing?

Regards,
Blaise

--
A.K. & Shirley Barton Professor of  Mathematics
Adjunct Professor of Mechanical Engineering