[petsc-dev] Globsearch fails for me when running tests

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 28 11:34:50 CDT 2020

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020, Jed Brown wrote:

> >> You're right; that is a make 4.0 feature.  But developers who need
> >> globsearch should have the ability to evade Apple's anti-GNU smear.
> >>

> > Do we really have to make things hard on Mac to use something I use every
> > day hundreds of times?
>
> Are you still using make-3.81?  Do you also use an Apple Newton?
>
> You can still use search and searchin.
>
> Scott can implement globsearch to call Python that calls make print-test
> (listing tests on stdout) and returns the result on stdout.  But it
> can't pass the list all the tests on the command line.

Configure has been printing this warning for a very long time - but its easily ignored..

                    ***** WARNING: You have an older version of Gnu make, it will work,
                    but may not support all the parallel testing options. You can install the
                    latest Gnu make with your package manager, such as brew or macports, or use
                    the --download-make option to get the latest Gnu make *****