[petsc-dev] Globsearch fails for me when running tests

Scott Kruger kruger at txcorp.com
Mon Mar 30 16:15:16 CDT 2020

Sorry for the delay.  Fixed in MR !2663.

It turns out that the *read* for $(file <...) did not occur until
gmake 4.2 so this bit me even on a (admittedly old) Linux dev box.
To enable the widest range of usage, I keep a modified version
of the current $(shell ...) usage, but have commented out the
gmake >4.2 solution for people who want the truly scalable
solution (e.g., globsearch='*').  The current fix should work
until dm, or other package,  gets to around 9K tests which seems to
be when globsearch failed.

The new solution uses an upgraded `config/query_tests.py` script
so is similar to the query/queryval functionality.

Scott

Tech-X Corporation               kruger at txcorp.com
5621 Arapahoe Ave, Suite A       Phone: (720) 974-1841
Boulder, CO 80303                Fax:   (303) 448-7756