[petsc-dev] Valgrind MPI-Related Errors

Jacob Faibussowitsch jacob.fai at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 13:51:09 CDT 2020

Sorry for late reply.

> I'd welcome a PR to add options like --enable-g=meminit.
In docker? Or in petsc? According to Satish petsc’s —download-mpich already does this by default.

>  I'd rather not make that general-purpose image use ch3:sock
Which image are you referring to? The image I use is jedbrown/mpich-ccache which does ship MPICH configured with ch3:sock (see below).

MPICH Version:    	3.3.2
MPICH Release date:	Tue Nov 12 21:23:16 CST 2019
MPICH Device:    	ch3:sock
MPICH configure: 	--disable-wrapper-rpath --with-device=ch3:sock
MPICH CC: 	gcc    -O2
MPICH CXX: 	g++   -O2
MPICH F77: 	gfortran   -O2
MPICH FC: 	gfortran   -O2