[petsc-dev] Testing seems broken in master

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 13:02:07 CST 2020

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 1:48 PM Barry Smith <bsmith at petsc.dev> wrote:

>   So the programs output changes and should no longer match that in the
> output/* file yet the test harness does not error with a statement that the
> two outputs do not match?
>
>    I noticed the gmakegentest.py is not being run before it runs the test?
> Does this mean it is just running all the old stuff which does match fine?
>
>    Then either how petscdiff is called by the test harness has changed or
> petscdiff has changed and does not detect changes anymore
>
>    BTW: I always use -f ./gmakefile.test test not just the gmakefile
>
>    All the PETSc changes are trivial and can be seen with a simple diff,
> it is hard to believe they would cause this behavior but I guess they must.
>
>    You can go to PETSC_ARCH/tests/snes/tests and run the ex13 shell script
> directly.

It is the sed problem:

master *$:/PETSc3/petsc/petsc-dev$
/PETSc3/petsc/petsc-dev/lib/petsc/bin/petscdiff
/PETSc3/petsc/petsc-dev/src/snes/tests/output/ex13_bench.out ex13_bench.tmp

sed: 1: "s/\033[1;31m//g": unbalanced brackets ([])
sed: 1: "s/\033[0;39m\033[0;49m//g": unbalanced brackets ([])
sed: 1: "s/\033[1;31m//g": unbalanced brackets ([])
sed: 1: "s/\033[0;39m\033[0;49m//g": unbalanced brackets ([])

The error was getting eaten.

This is in current master. Is it fixed in a branch?

   Matt