[petsc-dev] Testing seems broken in master

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Thu Dec 31 12:48:25 CST 2020

  So the programs output changes and should no longer match that in the output/* file yet the test harness does not error with a statement that the two outputs do not match?

   I noticed the gmakegentest.py is not being run before it runs the test? Does this mean it is just running all the old stuff which does match fine?

   Then either how petscdiff is called by the test harness has changed or petscdiff has changed and does not detect changes anymore

   BTW: I always use -f ./gmakefile.test test not just the gmakefile

   All the PETSc changes are trivial and can be seen with a simple diff, it is hard to believe they would cause this behavior but I guess they must.

   You can go to PETSC_ARCH/tests/snes/tests and run the ex13 shell script directly.

  Barry