[petsc-dev] checkbadSource issue

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Thu Dec 31 12:37:10 CST 2020

   The make on these systems is defaulting to using sh as the shell (which does not support these constructs).

   If SHELL is set to bash in the environment or the command line then it will use bash and everything is fine.

   If I put SHELL = bash as the third line of rules then the problem goes away. I don't know if there are some bad side effects
of setting it there. Trying a build and make alltests with it set.

  Barry

    I don't know why what have triggered this recent change for you.