[petsc-dev] CMake on Catalina

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:18:58 CDT 2020

CMake itself. On Catalina, the SSL/TLS headers use special syntax that only
Clang can parse.
You should check for this in the configure stage, but they do not. The
response for the error
reports on the CMake Github was that you should not be building on Apple
with something that
won't parse some of the Apple headers. This seems like an abdication of
responsibility to me.

   Matt