[petsc-dev] TAP file and testing error

Stefano Zampini stefano.zampini at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 01:45:11 CDT 2019

You usually get the backslash when you trying to be quick and tab-complete
the command :-)
and, so far, PETSc accepted this. We should either filter the variable in
the makefile, or change the filenames with their paths.
Scott, are the two PETSC_ARCH specifications really needed in the filename?
I mean first as a folder, than in the filename itself

Il giorno gio 26 set 2019 alle ore 09:38 Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com>
ha scritto:

> On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 8:52 PM Stefano Zampini via petsc-dev <
> petsc-dev at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
>> If we specify a PETSC_ARCH with a trailing slash, the current testing
>> makefile fails. Can this be fixed?
>>

> PETSC_ARCH is a string name and not necessarily a directory. I think we
> should check and fail if it has a slash.
>
>    Matt
>

>> *zampins at vulture*:*~/Devel/petsc*$ make -f gmakefile.test test
>> globsearch="*densecuda*" PETSC_ARCH=arch-gpu-double-unifmem/
>>
>> touch: cannot touch
>> './arch-gpu-double-unifmem//tests/test_arch-gpu-double-unifmem/_tap.log':
>> No such file or directory
>> touch: cannot touch
>> './arch-gpu-double-unifmem//tests/test_arch-gpu-double-unifmem/_err.log':
>> No such file or directory--
>> Stefano

> experiments lead.
> -- Norbert Wiener