[petsc-dev] Gitlab notifications

Mills, Richard Tran rtmills at anl.gov
Thu Sep 12 12:10:23 CDT 2019

On 9/12/19 6:33 AM, Jed Brown via petsc-dev wrote:
[...]

Can you explain CODEOWNERS to me? I cannot find it on the GItlab site. I
want to see every MR.

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/code_owners.html

We currently require approval from Integration (of which you are a
member) and a code owner (as specified in the file).

We used to have optional approvals from any other developer, but Satish
just removed that due to this notification thing, which I guess means
that any other developer (non-integrator, non-owner) should just comment
their approval if they find time to review.

Alright, this CODEOWNERS thing is new to me. I assume that everyone should go and edit this file and add themselves as "code owners" for the relevant portions of PETSc that they've done significant development on?

--Richard