[petsc-dev] Periodic meshes with <3 elements per edge?

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 07:04:19 CDT 2019

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 1:05 AM Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> wrote:

> I think this thread got dropped when I was on travel (two months ago and
> I'm just now getting back to it, eek!).  Matt, could you please comment
> on this model?

The real answer is that you could do it (like most things in programming)
but I think it would

  a) definitely break things, and I don't want to fix them

  b) I believe that fixing these things would result in more complex code

The model is that the topology is defined by one structure. Some of the
queries might be incomplete
are boundaries (star), but not fundamentally changed. You would have to
remember everywhere that
you need to check the SF. I don't think it would simplify our lives.

   Matt