[petsc-dev] valid_GPU_matrix in interface code

Stefano Zampini stefano.zampini at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 14:00:15 CDT 2019

I have just noticed we have different occurrences of the valid_GPU_matrix flag in src/mat/interface and src/mat/utils
I think that how they are used now is wrong, as they assume that all those operations can only be executed on the CPU, irrespective of the specific type.
Is there any plan to fix this? If not, I can take care of it, I am currently writing a dense matrix for CUDA here https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/branch/stefano_zampini/cuda <https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/branch/stefano_zampini/cuda>