[petsc-dev] Fwd: [mumps-users] MUMPS MPI (5.2.1) does not compile

Balay, Satish balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 23 09:58:26 CDT 2019

Ok - I think the current issue is about MUMPS building shared
libraries. Current mumps release lacks this feature.

And these patches enable building mumps as shared library - but the
patch is linux specific - and not portable.

It would be great if this can be made portable.

Currently when mumps is built via petsc using --download-mumps - its
build as static - but with -fPIC [or equivalent] - so it gets sucked
into libpetsc.so. [the same with scalapack].

Satish