[petsc-dev] Plex - Metis warnings

Balay, Satish balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 29 18:21:26 CDT 2018

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018, Mark Adams via petsc-dev wrote:

> >                             Pushing language C
> >                             Popping language C
> > Executing: cc  -o /tmp/petsc-yiGfSd/config.packages.MPI/conftest     -O
> > /tmp/petsc-yiGfSd/config.packages.MPI/conftest.o  -ldl
> > Testing executable /tmp/petsc-yiGfSd/config.packages.MPI/conftest to see
> > if it can be run
> > Executing: /tmp/petsc-yiGfSd/config.packages.MPI/conftest
> > Executing: /tmp/petsc-yiGfSd/config.packages.MPI/conftest
> > ERROR while running executable: Could not execute
> > "['/tmp/petsc-yiGfSd/config.packages.MPI/conftest']":
> > [Mon Oct 29 17:44:45 2018] [unknown] Fatal error in MPI_Init: Other MPI
> > error, error stack:
> > MPIR_Init_thread(537):
> > MPID_Init(249).......: channel initialization failed
> > MPID_Init(638).......:  PMI2 init failed: 1
> >
> > <<<<<<<
> >
> > So all MPI tests fail on frontend? And you need to use --with-batch?
> >

> I ran the tests from an interactive shell. I guess I should run configure
> from an interactive shell. but configure and make seemed to work.

Executing: aprun /tmp/petsc-yiGfSd/config.libraries/conftest
Executing: aprun /tmp/petsc-yiGfSd/config.libraries/conftest
stdout: XALT Error: unable to find aprun
ERROR while running executable: Could not execute "['aprun /tmp/petsc-yiGfSd/config.libraries/conftest']":
XALT Error: unable to find aprun

Are you able to use 'aprun' via interactive nodes to run MPI jobs? Somehow configure is unable to use aprun.

Satish