[petsc-dev] Fortran interface problem in v.3.10.2

Adrian Croucher a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Oct 18 22:14:53 CDT 2018

hi Barry,

On 18/10/18 11:34 AM, Smith, Barry F. wrote:
>     Sorry about this problem. I think the change was only introduced in master and should not affect 3.10.x Please confirm that master is where the failed compile is?

Yes, it's on master. I have tracked down the commit at which it started
to fail: 6f222c9d1e, "type checking for Fortran" (Fri Sep 28).

>     Please send us the calling sequence of your routine that won't compile (cut and paste).

I've attached a minimal example program which fails with the following
error:

    call SNESSetConvergenceTest(snes, convergence, context, &
                                                  1
Error: Actual argument at (1) to assumed-type dummy is of derived type
with type-bound or FINAL procedures

Cheers, Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Croucher