[petsc-dev] HDF5 read attribute from HDF5

Marek Pecha marek.pecha at vsb.cz
Mon Mar 19 14:18:08 CDT 2018

Hello,

I would like to request new functionality into PetscViewerHDF5ReadAttribute method. In HDF5 file, I can assign attributes to groups not only to datasets however the method allows reading attributes only from datasets. I think a new feature should be implemented easily - generalisation of dataset as the object - after then you can read attributes assigned to groups as well as datasets. I did a simple implementation in the attached file.

Thank you,
Marek