[petsc-dev] test harness loops with different outputs

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 26 09:03:37 CST 2018

> On Jan 26, 2018, at 8:14 AM, Vaclav Hapla <vaclav.hapla at erdw.ethz.ch> wrote:
>

>> There must be something broken in my system as I also get bunch of
>>   /bin/sh: 2: -map: not found
>> errors for
>>   make alldoc LOC=${PETSC_DIR}
>> which means also MAPNAMES is not set.
>> I started from scratch in different PETSc clone and it's the same. Interesting.
>
> The variables were not set because sowing was not installed. It didn't come to my mind as sowing is not directly related to the PDF manual processing. Damn.

   Yikes, sorry for your wasted time, the makefile in the manual generation directory could/should check that sowing is installed (the variables are set) before trying to build the manual and print a very useful error message if they are not setting telling the person to rerun configure appropriately.

   The reason the manual needs Sowing is that it builds the function index from the index of PETSc functions generated by the rest of documentation building process plus makes links to the manual pages.

   Barry