[petsc-dev] type(*) not supported by multiple test fortran compilers we use

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 25 11:15:22 CDT 2017

   Jed,

    Unfortunately multiple fortran compilers we use do not support type(*) so we either configure check this stuff (annoying) or stop supporting lots of Fortran compilers.

   Satish,

       I guess you need to check all the failed Fortran compilers and see if they have versions that work that uses can also access easily. For example what if the absoft compiler product does not support it?