[petsc-dev] development version for MATAIJMKL type mat

Bakytzhan Kallemov bkallemov at lbl.gov
Tue Oct 10 03:52:54 CDT 2017

Hi,

My name is Baky Kallemov.

Currently, I am working on improving a scalibility of  the Chombo-Petsc
interface on cori machine at nersc system.

I successfully build the libs from master branch with --with-openmp and
hypre.

However, I have not noticed any difference running my test problem on
single node KNL node using new MATAIJMKL

type for different hybrid mpi+openmp runs  compared to regular released
version.

It seems that it made no difference, so perhaps I am doing something
wrong or my build is not configured right.

Do you have any example that makes use of threads when running hybrid
and show an advantage?

I'd like to test it and make sure that my libs are configured correctly,
before start to investigate it further.

Thanks,

Baky