[petsc-dev] Copy scatter and change block size

Pierre Jolivet pierre.jolivet at enseeiht.fr
Sat Nov 25 12:26:58 CST 2017

OK, so I guess I need to tinker around with VecScatterCreate.
As a follow-up question, is there an easy way to get the “garray” from http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/src/mat/impls/aij/mpi/mmaij.c.html#line105 <http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/src/mat/impls/aij/mpi/mmaij.c.html#line105> to create the IS I need to feed to VecScatterCreate (after resizing by multiplying its size by bs and by shifting/inserting the proper indices)?
Basically, I want to create the VecScatter for doing MatMult with a MATSHELL similar to a MATMPIBAIJ, and I want to re-use the information generated by the MatSetUpMultiply_MPIAIJ from a previously set up MATMPIAIJ with the same sparsity pattern.

Thanks,
Pierre