[petsc-dev] nightlybuilds (next vs next-tmp)

Scott Kruger kruger at txcorp.com
Thu Nov 16 14:48:44 CST 2017

>    ./config/gmakegentest.py --petsc-arch=arch-master-debug
>
> I have encountered a strange behavior, perhaps only on my machine, where
> if I do not run
>
>    PETSC_ARCH=arch-master-debug
> ./config/gmakegentest.py --petsc-arch=arch-master-debug
>
> then it does not update correctly.

I don't know what's going on.

The key lines are:

     parser.add_option('--petsc-arch', help='Set PETSC_ARCH different
from environment', default=os.environ.get('PETSC_ARCH'))

     main(petsc_arch=opts.petsc_arch, output=opts.output, ...)

So certainly your second case is redundant.  The first problem
indicates a problem with config/gmakegen.py since I inherit from
that.  I'm at SC right now -- I can take a look later.

Scott

Tech-X Corporation               kruger at txcorp.com
5621 Arapahoe Ave, Suite A       Phone: (720) 974-1841
Boulder, CO 80303                Fax:   (303) 448-7756