[petsc-dev] nightlybuilds (next vs next-tmp)

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu Nov 16 23:14:54 CST 2017

Scott Kruger <kruger at txcorp.com> writes:

>>    ./config/gmakegentest.py --petsc-arch=arch-master-debug
>>
>> I have encountered a strange behavior, perhaps only on my machine, where
>> if I do not run
>>
>>    PETSC_ARCH=arch-master-debug
>> ./config/gmakegentest.py --petsc-arch=arch-master-debug
>>
>> then it does not update correctly.
>

> I don't know what's going on.
>
> The key lines are:
>
>      parser.add_option('--petsc-arch', help='Set PETSC_ARCH different
> from environment', default=os.environ.get('PETSC_ARCH'))

>      main(petsc_arch=opts.petsc_arch, output=opts.output, ...)

Scott, I suspect this is your problem: you should pass petsc_dir and
petsc_arch along instead of passing None which will cause gmakegen:Petsc
get them from the environment.

class generateExamples(Petsc):
  """
    gmakegen.py has basic structure for finding the files, writing out
      the dependencies, etc.
  """
  def __init__(self,petsc_dir=None, petsc_arch=None, verbose=False, single_ex=False):
    super(generateExamples, self).__init__(petsc_dir=None, petsc_arch=None, verbose=False)