[petsc-dev] snes/ex56 target is gone

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Jun 28 15:50:54 CDT 2017

Scott Kruger <kruger at txcorp.com> writes:

> On 6/28/17 1:42 PM, Barry Smith wrote:

>>> I would prefer share as it's not critical to the conf
>>> and is more user oriented (I think of lib/petsc/conf
>>> as internal to petsc stuff).
>>
>>    So $PETSC_DIR/share/petsc/?
>
> What would be perfect for me with something like Makefile.example as
> the name.

That's fine, but the use is not limited to examples.  If we're calling
this the example makefile, we should at least add comments saying how to
build more complicated programs.  (Just listing the target dependencies
gets you much of the way.  Adding accurate dependencies is slightly more
work but we ought to recommend a clean way because lots of people make a
mess of it.)