[petsc-dev] make -f gmakefile test needs a proper help message of some sort

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jun 17 23:09:32 CDT 2017

  Jed,

   Your email was actually very constructive since I had forgotten about this convention (and got too tied up with having context specific help messages which I think are difficult with this convention, i.e. help messages specific to testing only).

   It is incumbent on Scott to add the help message related to make test and incumbent on you to make the help message for installs (and at this time the help message for test is more important than for installs). My "sadly it is not helpful" was actually directed towards Scott, not you.

   Barry

Sorry Scott but you know PETSc folk are blunt bastards.