[petsc-dev] Matrix-free preconditioners

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Sat Jan 28 07:58:12 CST 2017

That's pretty much it.  You can probably easily apply the local part of
the operator so you can do a block Jacobi by running an iterative method
on subdomains.  Depending on the preconditioner, you might be able to
apply Neumann subdomain operators -- a research topic would be to set up
a BDDC-type method without explicit subdomain matrices.